Week 13 | Recipe 13: 5 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread
Jeff made the comment the other day: “you should use those bananas for bread”– and then it was. Yep, true story. Though- Jeff didn’t partake in this bread, but I had no problem eating it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
This recipe is simple, heart healthy, and completely yum!
5 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 60-70 minutes
Total Time: 80 minutes
- 15 oz Libby’s Pumpkin Filling
- 1 serving Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake mix, golden vanilla unprepared
- 2 medium banana(s), Very ripe, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup(s) quick cooking rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup(s) Holiday Spice Apple Sauce (This is what I had in-house, you can use unsweetened applesauce too which means less calories!)
Preheat oven to 350’F.
Mix bananas and pumpkin filling together in a bowl and mix well.
Slowly add in dry ingredients, mix just until moist.
Bake in a 350’F oven for ~55 minutes. (This can vary, keep an eye on it)
Yields 1 slice per serving.
*This bread is dense and certainly lacks sugar– so don’t think this is your typical pumpkin banana bread.
*Best served warm with a slab of butter!
I imagine there are endless options to add to this bread: raisins, chocolate chips, shredded carrots or zucchini, etc. Tell me what you would add and how delicious it is!